This notarial practice is regulated by the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
Telephone: 020 7222 5381
- If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact Jeremy Burgess, managing partner of Cheeswrights.
- If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Faculty Office who will refer the complaint to be considered by one or several independent notaries. This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
- In that case please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to the Faculty Office.
If you have any difficulty making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to call the Faculty Office for assistance.
- Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure or after a period
of eight weeks from the date you first notified me that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, if you are not happy with the result:
Baskerville House, Centenary Square,
Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2ND
Tel : 0300 555 0333
- If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman within six months from the conclusion of the complaint process.